Saturday, June 24, 2006

I'm pretty proud of my blog so far. I have to say it really captures everything that a blog should - inconsistency, no message, lack of creativity. It's been over 6 weeks since I posted and I haven't had one new thought come into my head. Some of you are thinking, "No no that's impossible," and it may be, but what's more relevant here is that when nothing comes into your head, to go ahead and post anyway. This is what bloggers do. How many times do you see the "I didn't do anything today" post. Well, neither did I, but I will do you one better - I didn't do anything for the past 6 weeks and I didn't even post about doing nothing. Now that's how we do it.

I have been studying for the bar for a while. It is very fun and rewarding. It is fulfilling all of my wildest expectations. I met my wife, had a baby, wrote a hit song, finished a novel, but most importantly learned about myself. I can't wait to look back at this time in my life and just say, "hey, that time leading up to me failing the bar was a great time." That's a memory I want to make.

Part of the reason I didn't post for so long (other than the reasons involving my limited attention span, disdain for blogging, having to do things in "real life" a.k.a. check my emal), is that I had someone object to some of the content of my first posting. Actually he she it took it very personally. Okay, it wasn't actually my posting, it was a comment. I'm not sure if it was a comment or even a comment to a comment. The whole idea left me feeling dirty. So I left for a while.

One of my favorite things to see on a blog is when people talk about how they've been lazy and haven't posted and then talk about how they are turning over a new leaf or something like that. Let me make something clear here. I am not turning over a new leaf, I am not committing to this project any more than I commit to doing laundry on a Sunday only to do it the following Sunday. This blog will remain inconsistent, uncreative, and quite banal. I recommend you don't read it or link to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear seth,
please stop posting.

sincerely,
jj

Anonymous said...

dear seth,
please stop posting.

sincerely,
jj

Lex Fori said...

Dear JJ,

Please stop commenting twice.

Sincerely

Lex

(sorry, wide open)

Good luck on the Bar Seth, I'm sure you'll spank it.

yodler said...

jj, i am not posting, i am blogging. you are posting. get it right, man.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.